District 509 Board of Trustees Scholarships
Your achievements in class and outside the classroom can earn you scholarship money for educational expenses. Scholarships are “gift aid,” meaning they are a free resource you do not repay. They are awarded for any number of reasons (academic standing, leadership, specialized talents, ethnic origin, etc.) and are available whether you are just beginning your ECC studies or are near graduation. Applications are required for scholarships funds. Some scholarship funds are available for in-district students only.
Set forth by the District 509 Board of Trustees for in-district residents, these scholarships recognize superior individual achievement in the following:
- Academic Top 10 Percent Scholarship: $2,000 scholarship per year for up to two consecutive years, fall and spring terms only. You are eligible for this award if you are a graduating high school senior ranking in the upper 10 percent (using weighted ranking) of your graduating class.
- Academic Top 20 Percent Scholarship: $1,000 scholarship per year for up to two consecutive years, fall and spring terms only. You are eligible for this award if you are a graduating high school senior ranking in the upper 20 percent (using weighted ranking) of your graduating class.
How to Apply for District 509 Board of Trustees Scholarships
Paper applications are required for Board of Trustees Scholarships. Download the District 509 Board of Trustees Scholarship Application - PDF or obtain one from Financial Aid & Scholarships Office, Room B156, Spartan Drive Campus.
- Apply by May 1 for priority processing for fall.
- Apply by November 1 for priority processing for spring.
You may apply for the scholarship after the priority dates but you may not be awarded by the payment due date. You may receive only one scholarship from the Board of Trustees.
- Scholarship applications are not complete until you have submitted all the necessary documents. Home-schooled students submit ACT® scores for evaluation.
- You may apply for both an ECC Foundation Scholarship and a District 509 Board of Trustees Scholarship.
- You may still apply for and receive other forms of financial aid even if you receive scholarships!