Are you getting ready to graduate? Congratulations!
Before you can get your diploma, you’ll need to make sure you've fulfilled the requirements for your program and complete the graduation application through the accessECC portal.
Here's what you need to know.
Virtual Commencement Ceremonies
- Spring graduates: Virtual commencement was held on Saturday, September 26.
- Summer and fall graduates: Virtual commencement will be held on Saturday, December 19, 2020.
See the virtual commencement page for details.
ECC holds commencement ceremonies in May and December each year.
- May graduates participate in May commencement; December graduates join in December.
- Students graduating in August may participate in either commencement. Just be sure to complete the graduation application through accessECC by the deadline.
- If you do not complete graduation requirements as planned, you may return the following May or December to participate in a commencement ceremony. You must notify the Records Office by established deadlines to do so.
To be eligible to graduate with a degree or certificate, you'll need to:
- Complete the graduation application during the semester in which you will complete your requirements whether or not you intend to participate in commencement ceremonies.
How to Find the Graduation Application
- Select Graduation Overview to proceed.
- Select Apply next to the program of study from which you want to apply to graduate.
- If you don't see the program listed, contact the Records Office to let us know which program you want to graduate from and we will add it for you.
- If you’ve attended other institutions, make sure ECC has your official transcripts on file.
- Meet the specific requirements for your degree or certificate, as outlined in the college catalog in effect at the time you enrolled.
- If you have any course substitutions, get the course substitution form signed by the appropriate instructional dean and they will be submitted to the Records Office.
- Suppose you wish to earn more than one transfer degree. In that case - you will need to submit a Multiple Transfer Degree Request form to the Associate Dean of Advising, Transfer & Career Development Services.
- Meet the Academic Residency requirements.
Deadlines for Filing Graduation Applications
- May graduates: March 1
- August graduates: July 1
- December graduates: October 1
Diplomas are mailed approximately eight weeks after the semester ends.
Graduating with Honors
You will receive a diploma with honors if you graduate with the following GPA.
- High honors: Cumulative GPA of 3.5 to 4.0 GPA for a transfer degree and GPA of 3.5 to 4.0 in courses that apply to an applied science degree or certificate.
- Honors: Cumulative GPA of 3.0 to 3.49 for a transfer degree and GPA of 3.0 to 3.49 in courses that apply to an applied science degree or certificate.
- See how credits transferred in from other institutions are used to calculate your graduation GPA.