Looking for the greatest minds on campus?
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, interlibrary loan services for physical items are suspended, and due dates have been moved to the end of the semester. Access e-books, newspaper and journal articles, and streaming videos on the Renner Academic Library website.
Watch videos on how to access library databases and other research help in our research guides. Get help from embedded librarians in your classes via D2L.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Borrowing Library Materials
All students and staff at ECC and any residents (18 years or older) of Community College District 509 are eligible for borrowing privileges. A physical ID is required to check out physical library materials (e.g., books, DVDs, etc.). ECC Library FAQ
Reserving Library Materials
You will need to request them first. If you do not have an activated library card (your ECC ID), please request one using this form.
Instructions on placing a hold for pickup:
- Search for your item in the library's catalog.
- Once you find the book you want, you will see Request underneath the title.
- Click on Request.
- Type in your name (such as Jane Smith) and your library barcode as requested. A barcode is a long number beginning with 2 on the back of your Student ID.
Once Circulation pulls the holds, we will call or email you to let you know that the item(s) is now available to pick up. Once the call or email is made, you will have one week to pick up that item. Turnaround time for the request is typically 24-48 hours.
Once you come in or pick-up at the curbside, students will have the item(s) for 3 weeks. The due dates will be printed out and placed on a slip in the checked item.
If you come in before your item is ready, it will be not be given to you. So please wait for us to contact you. More info can be found on our circulation web site.
Returning Library Materials
- Collaboration with faculty on library research assignments.
- Library workshops for classes.
- Student research appointments with a librarian.
- Library reference.
- Employee library workshops and research appointments.
- One-on-one reference service.
- Conduct research for ECC faculty, staff, and administration.
- Provide library programs on academic issues, cultural events, and campus-wide activities.
- A collection of more than 65,000 books, CDs, recorded books, videos, and DVDs.
- Print collection of magazines, journals, and newspapers.
- Online access to thousands of full-text journals and magazines in library subscription databases, available to students on and off-campus.
- Public access computers on the ECC student network with Internet access, word processing, and other software and computer print station.
- Video and DVD viewing stations, CD players, copiers, text enlarger.
- ECC archives and course reserve materials.
Elgin Community College and its faculty, administration, support staff, and students will comply with the United States' copyright laws, Title 17, United States Code.
All college facilities and locations will be closed in observance of the following: