Looking for the greatest minds on campus?
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, interlibrary loan services for physical items are suspended and due dates have been moved to the end of the semester. Access e-books, newspaper and journal articles, and streaming videos on the Renner Academic Library website.
Watch videos on how to access library databases and other research help in our research guides. Get help from embedded librarians in your classes via D2L.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Borrowing Library Materials
All students and staff at ECC, as well as any residents (18 years or older) of Community College District 509, are eligible for borrowing privileges. A physical ID is required to check out physical library materials (e.g. books, DVDs, etc.). ECC Library FAQ
Returning Library Materials
- Collaboration with faculty on library research assignments.
- Library workshops for classes.
- Student research appointments with a librarian.
- Library reference.
- Employee library workshops and research appointments.
- One-on-one reference service.
- Conduct research for ECC faculty, staff and administration.
- Provide library programs on academic issues, cultural events and campus-wide activities.
- A collection of more than 65,000 books, CDs, recorded books, videos, and DVDs.
- Print collection of magazines, journals, and newspapers.
- Online access to thousands of full-text journals and magazines in library subscription databases, available to students on and off-campus.
- Public access computers on the ECC student network with Internet access, word processing, and other software and computer print station.
- Video and DVD viewing stations, CD players, copiers, text enlarger.
- ECC archives and course reserve materials.
Elgin Community College and it faculty, administration, support staff and students will comply with the copyright laws of the United States, Title 17, United States Code.
All college facilities and locations will be closed in observance of the following: