ECC’s Testing Center is your location to learn which level of classes you should take through the Adult Basic Education Center. You must complete this step to ensure that you are placed in the right class for your level.
To take the test for English as a Second Language (ESL) or High School Equivalency (HSE/GED) programs, you first need an ECC student ID number and a valid email address. If you do not have an ECC ID number, you must first complete this form, and a staff member will contact you. Need to reset your password?
Placement Test Registration
- Register for testing. Both on-campus and remote options are available.
- Choose Type of Exam:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Programs
- High School Equivalency (HSE) Programs
- Choose an Exam
- Pre-tests are for students who are newly enrolled in the academic year
- Post-tests are for students who are currently enrolled and have completed 40 hours of coursework
- Schedule your exam(s) based on your availability.
- Attend the exam and receive a QR code to attend your orientation for class placement.
If you have a documented accommodation and need to arrange for testing, please visit the Student Access & Disabilities Services webpage for more information and the next steps before scheduling your testing appointment.