Future Workforce Leaders Program
Elgin Community College offers qualified participants ages 16 to 24 training and financial assistance with The Future Workforce Leaders Program.
Training Program Benefits
Participants in this program may learn about various career pathways and also receive a high school equivalency certificate, an occupational training certificate, or gain valuable work experience in a chosen field while in the program.
Education and Career Pathways
Some of these programs include:
- Business and Professional Services
- Health Professions
- Culinary Arts and Hospitality
- Information Technology
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Management
Learning opportunities include:
- Career treks.
- Job shadowing.
- Work experience through short-term employment ($12 per hour).
- Volunteer and networking.
- Adult basic education classes, including computer skills training, short-term training for certification.
- High school equivalency certificate preparation.
- Career exploration, advising, and mentoring.
- Job search and job referral assistance.
- Personal development workshops.
- Resume development and interview skills training.
- Tours of colleges and businesses.
- Transportation assistance.
- Tuition, testing fees, and books.
- Plus, academic tutoring and wellness support groups.