Thank you for your interest in the Elgin Community College PTA Program!
The ECC PTA Program strives to be recognized as the preferred educational institution in Northwest Chicago suburbs. The PTA Program promotes professional behaviors, critical thinking skills, and competencies consistent with the physical therapy profession and essential for a career in physical therapy and the healthcare industry.
Before you start, make sure to visit the ECC PTA website to review details on the application requirements, degree plan, and ECC Health Professions Programs requirements. Below is an overview of what is needed to apply to the PTA program:
February 15, is the annual application deadline for the following fall admission.
PTA Program Application Requirements
- Apply with ECC - how to apply
- Complete and submit health professions application by February 15, the annual application deadline for the following fall admission.
- Create an account and complete the application process of PTACAS the application cycle starts on 09/15 of each year for the admission for the fall cohort of the following year. (25$ fee). PTACAS Application
- Complete PTA Program Mandatory Information Course. Register here PTA Information Course Student should select the “PTA Info Session” in the topic code field and click submit to find class and provide verification of completion on PTACAS
- Completed prerequisites BIO 110, ENG 101, HUM 216, MTH 098 with a grade of C or better. Submit unofficial transcripts to PTACAS.
- Provide three references on PTACAS to support your application. The ECC PTA program will accept references from PTs, PTAs, faculty, teachers, coaches, and employers.
- Provide official transcripts from the college or university that you have ever attended to ECC Records Department. You must have your college courses transcript evaluated.
- Please note: Must be 18 years of age or older to sit for the state licensure examination.
If you have questions related to submitting college transcripts, please get in touch with the Records department. Transferring college credit to ECC, please make sure you have applied for admission prior to submitting this request. Please keep in mind that it is the student’s responsibility to request official transcripts for all colleges, universities, or the military and contact records at email@example.com or 847-214-7386 to confirm all transcripts have been received before requesting the evaluation.
Note: Criminal background checks and drug testing are required for all health professions programs. Students demonstrating a positive background check or positive drug test will be denied admission to health professions programs. Students demonstrating a positive background check or positive drug test while enrolled in health professions programs will be dismissed from the program.