Join our American Grands email list to receive updates.
Acceptance & Music Pick-Up
Applicants who have been accepted will be notified by email by the second week of October. If you were notified of your acceptance, please read the following information and pay your registration fee.
Welcome to American Grands 27! This document confirms your participation in American Grands 27 and contains important information. If your email address registered multiple players for American Grands 27, this email confirms the participation of all of the players you registered. Please read this entire document carefully and keep it for your reference. Pay close attention to the information regarding COVID-19 guidelines.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
Participation Fee Payment
There is a $35 per performer participation fee to be a part of American Grands (this fee is instead of charging individually for music). This fee eases music distribution, helps pay for the cost of sheet music, and offsets American Grands event production costs. Prior to paying your fee, we ask that you review our health and safety terms and conditions at the bottom of this page. We have new guidelines per the State of Illinois regarding COVID-19.
By paying your fees, you accept the requirements and are agreeing to follow the guidelines below. All participation fee payments are non-refundable. Please pay the participation fee by visiting or calling the box office at 847-622-0300. Anyone who has not picked up their music or paid their participation fee after music pick-up has ended will be removed from the program, and their music will be reassigned. Your payment options are:
- All major credit cards are accepted.
- Pay in person or by phone by visiting or calling the ECC Arts Center's box office located in Building H on Elgin Community College's Spartan Drive campus. The Box Office number is 847-622-0300. Box Office hours are 12 to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday. On Friday, October 22, the Box office will be open from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday, October 23, the Box Office will be open 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Cash, check, and the box office accepts all major credit cards. For maps and directions, visit elgin.edu/campusmap. Please note: we cannot accept payments by mail.
Music Pick Up and Name Verification:
Your music has been selected and will be available for pick up in the Elgin Community College (ECC) Arts Center lobby located in Building H on ECC's campus at 1700 Spartan Dr. Elgin, IL 60123 on Friday, October 22 (3 p.m. to 8 p.m.) and Saturday, October 23 (9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.). Please note:
- Music cannot be picked up earlier than the posted times.
- Masks will be required to enter all ECC buildings. Please arrive with a mask.
- You cannot pick up your music until your participation fee is paid.
- The ECC Arts Center is located in Building H on the Elgin Community College campus. For maps and directions, visit elgin.edu/campusmap.
- You may purchase your tickets at the ECC Arts Center box office during music pick-up times.
Your individual packet will contain your music and a single page directing you to go to elgin.edu/americangrands for performance directions, ticket purchase information, and the detailed rehearsal schedule. A layout of the stage with the location of each of the ten pianos is also available on the website.
When you receive your music packet, it will be marked with the piano number and the part you are to perform. Each packet will indicate whether you are Piano 1, Piano 2, Primo, Secondo, etc. Please notate your music as needed.
YOUR PERFORMANCE TIME(S)
Your performance time(s) will be listed on your music packet. Once you have purchased your music, please purchase your tickets early for what we anticipate sold-out performances.
With hundreds of participants, the house sells out quickly. Ticket prices are $17 for children 12 and younger and $26 for adults. These prices include the $2 per ticket facility fee applied to all ECC tickets. ECC's standard Box Office Processing Fee ($5 per order for phone or internet orders) will be added at the time of purchase if it applies. Tickets to American Grands make great holiday gifts for family and friends.
Performances and rehearsals will be held in the Performing Arts Center (Building H) at Elgin Community College. The first rehearsal is in piano lab H318 on the 3rd floor, and the remaining rehearsals are inside the Blizzard Theatre. All performers MUST attend all of their assigned performances and rehearsals. Each performance level has three rehearsals which are 15-25 minutes long and will take place within the time ranges listed below. See the detailed rehearsal schedule.
- Saturday, January 8 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Piano Lab H318 (Level 4 pieces and under)
- Sunday, January 9, from 12:30 to 5 p.m. in Piano Lab H318. (Level 5 pieces and above)
- Tuesday, January 18 from 4 to 7:30 p.m. at ECC Arts Center (Level 4 pieces and under)
- Wednesday, January 19 from 4 to 9:00 p.m. at ECC Arts Center (Level 5 pieces and above)
- Thursday, January 20 from 4 to 9 p.m. at ECC Arts Center (Level 4 pieces and under)
- Friday, January 21 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. at ECC Arts Center (Level 5 pieces and above)
- Performances: Saturday, January 22
Performance times are to be determined based on current COVID-19 restrictions.
Performance attire is formal. This concert is a chance to dress up and look your best. However, please make sure your clothing and shoes allow you to move and sit on stage with comfort and confidence, especially if you are playing on an elevated piano. No nail polish, please!
- Young musicians: Either a colorful formal dress (knee-length or longer, no short dresses) OR black dress pants, black dress shoes, black socks, white shirt, and bow tie.
- Adult musicians: Either a colorful formal dress (long or tea-length) OR tuxedo or black suit with a bow tie.
WE NEED MANY VOLUNTEERS (TEACHERS INCLUDED)
If you would like to volunteer in any way with rehearsals, backstage, or during performances, please email our volunteer coordinator Jillian Chase. Contact Jillian by email at email@example.com.
Thank you to all performers, committee members, and sponsors for participating in this event. We all owe Cordogan's Pianoland a tremendous thank you for making this event possible. See you on October 22 or October 23 at the ECC Arts Center.
Musical Director, American Grands 27
Information for Performers
See the placement of each piano in a diagram for this performance.
Everyone must attend all of their assigned rehearsals. View the rehearsal schedule.
American Grands Health & Safety
(PLEASE READ the following message)
Because the pandemic is still ongoing, this year's concert will look different from our traditional American Grands experience so that we can preserve the health and safety of all involved. Though last year's precautions won't be necessary, there will still be more restrictions in place than in a typical year.
As we strive to improve people's lives through the arts, your health and safety are critical to us. It brings us joy to welcome your return to live events at the Elgin Community College Arts Center. It is our goal to create a great and safe experience for you.
To ensure the safety of everyone in the theatre, all of the following policies will be in place for all performers participating in performances and rehearsals.
- Masks Requirements
All performers participating in performances and rehearsals must wear masks over the nose and mouth at all times. Masks are available in the lobby of the ECC Arts Center if you forget to bring yours.
- Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test
At all rehearsals and performances in January, we will require proof of vaccination or a negative test within one week of the rehearsals and performances. The vaccination card should have a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention logo in the upper right corner. If you lost the card or did not receive one, you can return to the provider and request documentation or contact your state's health department's immunization information system. Alternatively, you may provide a COVID-19 negative test result from pharmacies, such as Walgreens, CVS, Meijer, Jewel-Osco, Walmart, and Target.
When stopping by ECC to pay your fees and/or picking up music, you must wear a mask, social distance, and leave promptly after the transactions are complete. You do not have to show proof of vaccinations or negative test results for this short fleeting visit.
- Performers Responsibility
We ask that you do not come to the Arts Center if you are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, coughing, or difficulty breathing, within 14 days of the event.
By accepting the American Grands invitation to perform and attending American Grands 27, you agree to the above terms and conditions.