Continuing Education FAQ
There are two ways to register for Continuing Education classes at ECC:
To register online:
- Take note of the course code. The course code consists of three letters and three numbers and appears in the upper left-hand corner of the course description.
- Select 'Register & Pay Online' to begin registration.
- Enter the course code number on the second line of the registration screen, then select 'Submit.' All available course sections will display.
- Select from the select box to choose which section of the course you’d like to enroll in. Then, select 'Submit' to begin the payment process.
- If you have registered online before, be sure to log in at the top of the page by entering your user ID and password. You may also checkout as a guest.
- Be sure to enter or update your email address and phone number so we may contact you if a class is canceled, rescheduled, or changed. Students can view and change their current contact information by logging in to accessECC. Please note, some changes (such as your name) may only be completed by contacting ECC's Registration & Records Office by calling 847-214-7393 during business hours.
- If you need assistance with online registration, contact ECC Registration's First Stop Office by calling 847-214-7570 during office hours.
To register in person, visit ECC’s Registration & Records Office located in Building B, Room B105, on the main campus at 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin. Call 847-214-7393 for office hours and more information, or email email@example.com.
Anyone can register for continuing education classes at ECC. Some courses have prerequisites, restrictions or are only appropriate for certain age levels.
No, continuing education students do not have to complete an application for admission or acquire transcripts. Our students submit all required information during the continuing education registration process.
You may contact us anytime via email at CEMailbox@elgin.edu or call 847-622-3036 during office hours.
Unless otherwise noted, a 100 percent refund is given if a student withdraws (drops) from the class at least one day prior to the start of that class. No refund will be granted after this time. Students can drop online by logging in to the accessECC portal or coming to the Registration & Records Office in Building B, Room B105. The ECC helpline is available for log-in assistance at 847-214-7570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please help prevent canceled classes by enrolling early. ECC may cancel classes due to low enrollment. When a class is canceled, our department will immediately attempt to contact all students enrolled using the email addresses and phone numbers listed in the college’s database. ECC will issue a full refund for a canceled class.
Financial aid typically does not cover the tuitions and costs related to noncredit programs, including continuing education classes at ECC. Occasionally there are government programs and scholarship funds available for noncredit courses. The ECC Foundation maintains scholarship funds, some of which apply to noncredit courses. Please contact the ECC Foundation at 847-214-7377 for current information.
ECC’s Workforce Transitions Office provides services for unemployed individuals, including grant funds for 50+ adults that may be used to pay for qualifying short-term continuing education courses. Contact ECC at 847-214-6901 for specific information and to determine if funds are still available.
- Services & Resources for the unemployed
- Age 50+ programs
Kids’ College is a continuing education program that offers enrichment classes to students ages 6 through 15. Most Kids’ College classes are grouped into a six-week summer program held from mid-June through the end of July, however select Kids’ College classes are offered throughout the year. The ECC Foundation maintains a Kids’ College Scholarship Fund that provides partial payments towards Kids’ College courses. Funds availability is determined each year. Please contact the continuing education department for more information.
Workforce Development is part of ECC’s continuing education department. It facilitates contract training services to groups of employees. Staff members work with area businesses, nonprofit organizations, and municipalities to strengthen their workforce through training and development. You can call the Workforce Development Department of ECC at 847-214-7803.