Education & Work Center
Elgin Community College, Harper College, and Chicago-Cook Workforce partnership offer day and evening classes and career skills development at our Hanover Park extension site in the following, primary areas (all of which are free of charge):
- English as a Second language (ESL) Program
- Adult Basic Education
- High School Equivalency Program
- High School Equivalency Exam (GED) classes in English and Spanish
Select college-level courses are also offered at the site through Elgin Community College and Harper College’s affordable tuition rates.
Our on-site WorkNet® Center also provides career resources, workshops, training assistance, volunteer, and job opportunities.
Call to inquire about class times and registration deadlines.
ESL, Adult Education, and HSE Classes
To register for ESL, adult education and HSE classes, please bring the following:
- Photo ID
- Letter of separation from high school (only for those 16-17 years of age)
- Proof of public assistance; L.I.N.K. or medical card (only for those receiving public assistance)
To register for college-level classes, please:
- Complete the online application for admission.
- Register via accessECC portal.
- Make payment arrangements.
Approximately $636,330 (36%) of the Illinois Adult Education and Literacy Program cost at Elgin Community College is federally funded under Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014.