The ECC campus has more than 3,600 free parking places, including parking for handicapped.
Please adhere to parking signs as posted. Motorists who violate campus parking regulations and common parking laws will be ticketed and fined.
- Contractors only area
- Double parking
- Driveway/blocking driveways
- Driving lanes of parking lots
- Fire lanes
- Handicap spaces without a placard or a license plate ($350 fine)
- Loading docks
- Maintenance service areas
- Obstructing roadways
- On the grass or island in lots
- Overnight parking without ECC police approval
- Overtime parking (10-minute zone)
- Parking in multiple spaces
- Passenger curb loading zone
- Restricted lots without permit/tag
- Safety zone
- Yellow curbs
ECC police and Elgin police enforce violations.
Full- and part-time faculty and staff need a permit to park in employee lots. Student workers are not eligible for employee parking permits. The first permit is free; replacements cost $3 each. Permits and related information is available at the ECC Police Department.
Handicap parking is available throughout the campus. A handicap placard/license plate issued by the state is required.
Designated parking spaces are set aside for motorcycles in parking lots B, C, D, E, K, and along Chipman Circle and Hoffer Drive during the appropriate seasons. Spaces are marked with signage.
ECC tickets are payable at the Student Accounts, Building B, Room B151, Spartan Drive Campus.
Any violation written by the City of Elgin must be appealed through the City of Elgin court system, not through the college.
Appeal ECC Parking Ticket
Complete a Parking Appeals Committee form. Submit the completed form to ECC Parking Appeals Committee and deposit it in a campus mailbox or mail it to:
- ECC Parking Appeals Committee
1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123