At ECC, we seek to support your work through multiple professional development offerings and academic resources.
Professional & Organizational Development
From leadership development to campus safety to specific computer skills, ECC offers dozens of professional development workshops each semester. In additional to live, instructor-led classes, you can also take advantage of online course sequences at your desk.
Professional Development Reimbursement
ECC wants you to have the most up-to-date knowledge to succeed in your job. Depending on your work classification, you may be eligible for reimbursements for tuition and other expenses related to your professional goals. Consult your employee benefits summary and/or contract, as appropriate.
Employee Safe Zone Training
Safe Zone training is for ECC employees and is provided by Wellness Services. Participation is voluntary and free. If you have questions about the workshop and/or becoming a safe zone ally, please contact Wellness Services. Registration may be completed via accessECC Portal.
Faculty Development, Research & Scholarships
ECC recognizes the integral role of faculty and provides instruction-related resources to support your teaching and encourage your growth as an academic professional.
- The Center for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (CETL) offers faculty development resources, courses, and opportunities to connect with peers and learn new skills.
- Faculty development funding can cover the costs of tuition, conferences, materials, and more. Eligible faculty members are invited to submit a sabbatical proposal.
- Explore mentoring opportunities with experienced faculty members, and/or join the Faculty Research Community.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive classroom environment through training opportunities that address cultural responsivity and related topics.
- Learn about best practices in teaching and classroom innovation through the annual Assessment Diaries event.
- Explore and apply for grants through the ECC Foundation and the Grants & Research Development Office.
New Employee Orientation
Scheduled several times each year, ECC hosts a day-long orientation for recently hired employees. This session ensures that you have a complete introduction to the full range of offerings, departments, and services offered at the college. You’ll end the day with a deeper understanding of ECC's culture, mission, and shared values.