Full-Time Administrative Benefits Summary
Schedule of full-time administrative (Non-Union) benefits
The information provided here contains general guidelines and information. If you have questions on eligibility or applicability of a benefit or policy, please refer to the Administrative Procedures and benefit documents and forms located on eNet and/or contact Human Resources-Benefits by calling 847-214-7988 or 847-214-7125.
The college offers two medical insurance plans: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois PPO and HMO Illinois. Both provide access to a cost-saving, mail-order prescription program and various discount programs. The college pays a portion of the premium for employee and dependent coverage.*
The college offers a dental plan through Delta Dental for you and your family, with the option of selecting an HMO or PPO/Premier plan. The college pays a portion of the premium for employee and dependent coverage.*
Life and Long Term Disability Insurances
Group term employee life and accidental death and dismemberment policy at two times base annual salary or $100,000, whichever is greater, rounded up to the nearest thousand, is provided at no cost to the employee up to a maximum of $350,000. Eligible employees may apply for and, if approved, purchase Additional Employee Life, Spouse Life, Dependent Life and Employee Long Term Disability Insurances.
Through the Blue Cross and Blue Shield medical plans, a no-cost vision discount program for exams, lenses, and frames is available. Additional coverage can be purchased through ECC’s voluntary vision provider, VSP.*
Flexible Spending Account
Eligible employees can set aside earnings on a pre-tax basis through payroll deduction to pay for qualified health expenses not covered by insurance and child/elder care expenses as prescribed by law.
The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) provides retirement, disability, death and survivors’ benefits to eligible SURS participants and annuitants. ECC employees contribute a fixed percentage of gross earnings which is deposited into the employee's chosen retirement plan. In addition, employees contribute a fixed percentage of earnings to fund a retiree health insurance plan.
Employees may elect to participate in a 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity plan and/or a 457(b) deferred compensation plan. Both plans allow employees to save for retirement by setting aside earnings on a pre-tax basis.
Time Off with Pay
ECC believes that employees should have generous opportunities to enjoy time away from work to help balance their lives. As such, full-time administrators** will earn:
- Sick: 12 days per year.
- Personal: Up to 4 days per year. For new employees, personal days are pro-rated based on their date of hire.
- Vacation: 15 days in the first year of employment, 1 additional day per year up to 20 days. Employees with more than 19 years of continuous service will accrue 25 days per year.
- Holidays: Full-time administrators will also enjoy the following paid days off as well as days the college experiences unexpected closures (unless required to work):
- New Year’s Day
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Spring Break (5 days per academic year)
- Memorial Day
- Summer Schedule (allowing for Fridays off)
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Winter Break (business days from December 26 through December 31)
Eligible employees may be reimbursed for pre-approved professional development activities and purchases up to $2,600 per fiscal year. **
Employees may be eligible to receive reimbursement of tuition for credit courses they, their spouse, or children age 25 or younger take at Elgin Community College in which they earn a grade of "C" or better.**
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program available 24/7.
- Be sure to ask about discounts provided to ECC employees when frequenting local businesses.
- See our Work-Life Balance information for other wellness benefits that may be available to you.
Please see the benefit rate chart for details.
Please refer to the Administrative Procedures available on eNet via the accessECC portal.