Central to the community we serve.
Make ECC Part of Your Summer
Plan and register for one of our new course offerings!
Are you looking for something new to add to your schedule? ECC highlights new programs and courses each year in the catalog. Check the catalog for details on these new courses.
- HIS 150 - History of Native America (3)
- HOS 150 - Topics in Hospitality (.5-3)
- HWM 134 - Group Fitness Instruction (3)
- IST 121 - Fluid Power Systems (3)
- MKT 160 - Digital and Social Media Marketing (3)
- PAS 114 - Cake Decorating (4)
Find available classes by using our online catalog search. If you need help planning your schedule, please make an appointment with an academic advisor through the mobile app on the student portal or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns, reach out to us at email@example.com. We are here to support you every step of your journey to meet your academic and career goals.
Summer Semester COVID Information and Illinois Testing Mandate
Our goal is to minimize COVID risks, and your help and assistance are greatly appreciated. ECC uses Cleared4Work to collect proof of testing and vaccination. If you submitted proof of vaccination in 2021, no additional action is necessary unless that vaccination expires (based on CDC guidance, vaccination is valid for 365 days from initial immunity). If you have not received the welcome email or text from Cleared4.org, students should contact CovidVaccine@elgin.edu. Boosters are strongly encouraged but not required at this time (5/12/2022).
ECC's Student Wellness Services offers support groups or one-on-one counseling.
- PRIDE Talk (LGBTQ Support): Addressing challenges within the LGBTQ community, coming out and coming to terms with gender identity, coping with gender dysphoria, dating, and building self-confidence.
- Healthy Emotions Group: Addressing Anxiety and Depression, coping skills to promote mood regulation, etc.
- My Place in the World: Helping students navigate their environment; discussing topics of healthy relationships with self and others, establishing healthy boundaries, and building self-confidence.
- Self Preservation Group: Helping students challenge harmful thoughts, practice self-care, engage in mindfulness training, and promote healthy communication.